The Blue Badge
How to get the Blue Badge and why it's so important
As Avalanche grows exponentially, we need a way to understand which tokens, contracts and addresses are relevant to the community and actually what they say they are.
There could be (and mostly are) many AVAX tokens on Avalanche, but only one is the genuine native token. In the same way, there are many duplicate tokens and it's hard for users to understand which one is the genuine, and how to avoid scams or contracts different from what they're expecting.
So, we're working with Ava Labs, as well as setting up our own team of forensic on-chain analysts, to get in contact with all the genuine projects on Avalanche, mapping their addresses, contracts and tokens, knowing the teams, to give them the Blue Badge.
The Blue Badge is Avascan's way of telling users that the Avascan staff is in active contact with the team developing the project, and that there's an ecosystem partnership between Avascan and the project's team. It's shown in the Avalanche Token List and in Search Results: tokens, addresses and contracts with the Blue Badge are listed higher in the list after a transition period of about two weeks, in which tokens are only sorted by market cap by default.
The Avalanche Tokens List
The Blue Badge is given to addresses, contracts and tokens of dapps that:
- Are relevant in the Avalanche ecosystem
- Are known community projects (e.g. meme coins)
- (Tokens) have sufficient liquidity on DEXs, such that it's easy to buy and sell a few thousand dollars worth without an excessive price movement (less than 2%)
Avascan will improve the requirements over time over feedback from the community.
In order to get the Blue Badge, the project's team needs to show commitment to Avascan and the Avalanche ecosystem with one of these activities:
- Sharing every address, token and contract address on-chain, as well as notify Avascan's staff of new ones deployed/created
- Set Avascan as the default explorer to show transactions and addresses on-chain or, if the project doesn't have a website or a way to show those data, linking the token contract on Avascan in the homepage or other relevant page.
To get started with the process, head in our Telegram chat. We will update the documentation with a more automated process soon.